Most Men Don’t Cheat And Never Would (Even If She Won’t Find Out!)July 22, 2010 No Comments
I’m sick and tired of seeing article after article about why men cheat. What about the men who don’t cheat? Where are they hiding?
Can we please have a discussion about how men are good honest people? Because most are.
It turns out that talking about cheating is just a way to sell more papers because a recent survey shows that most men don’t cheat and never would.
The Great Male Survey talked to over 7,000 men in Australia, Canada, USA, and the UK and this is what they found when it comes to cheating.
If there were no chance of your partner finding out, how likely would you be to cheat on her?
- 38% Not very likely, I might be tempted, but I love and respect her too much
- 38% Not at all likely, I might be tempted, but cheating violates my morals
- 17% Somewhat likely, but I would feel guilty, nonetheless
- 5% Very likely, she can’t be hurt if she doesn’t know about it
- 2% I already cheat on her
Do you see that?! Only 2% of men are currently cheating on their partner and 76% say they would not cheat on their partner even if there was no chance of her finding out!
I knew I was right. I knew most men were decent loving, caring partners and only a small subsection were cheating bastards.
Other statistics that show how wonderful men can be:
- 78% of men prefer their girlfriends to have “wife potential”
- 85% believe in the institution of marriage
- 78% make an effort to be romantic somewhat or very often
- 83% have never said they love a woman just to get sex
- 68% would be willing to take a male birth control pill
- 36% think the ultimate male status symbol is having a family
It’s not all pretty of course. About half said they would dump their girlfriend if she became fat and 57% said it was okay to pay for sex.
But overall most men are looking for love and happy relationships, same as any woman would be.
So let’s stop letting the bad seeds taint our view of all men and start loving them as the decent, honest, romantic people that they really are.