Men get intimidated by women over tons of things. The way she walks, the way she talks, what she does for a living – any of these and more can be a reason for being intimidated. But for men whose egos are easily and badly bruised by what women do (intentionally and unintentionally both) that makes them feel less than they are actually worth, it’s not what intimidates you that matter the most; it’s what you do when you feel intimidated.
Cope with that feeling of intimidation
So gentlemen, listen up and listen good, here are some tips to help you cope with that feeling of intimidation (both the intentional and unintentional kind) from women:
- Take it as a challenge. Whether she’s your lady boss, your girlfriend, or the girl you’re currently dating, when you feel intimidated, take it as a challenge. Feeling challenged, more often than not, makes people feel more fired up, empowered, and determined. Let this feeling of intimidation spark up your drive to prove that you’re better than you think you are – not to impress others, not to make them like you, but more importantly, to remind yourself what you’re worth.
- Focus on what makes you good. In the face of intimidation, this may just be one of the hardest things to do. But focusing your thoughts on the things that you do well enough, on the things that make you outstanding, on your own merits. These will instantly help give you a boost of much needed confidence in these situations. Give yourself a mental pep talk.
- Smile. Sometimes, women will make you feel intimidated on purpose just to see what you’ve got. It’s a test. And if you don’t have the guts or the material to out-intimidate her, smile your best smile. It’s as charming as it is mysterious and it makes you look like the good guy. *Wink* (PS: it can also make you feel a little better about yourself).
- Ask more questions. So your date is so beautiful, so accomplished, and so perfect that you feel like trash next to them and that you would be better off watching her off from the moon or something. But why don’t you try looking at her from a more human perspective? Why don’t you ask her questions and discover more things about her – you’ll sooner or later realize and discover that she’s more human than you actually thought she would. Trust me you’ll realize that you won’t find her as intimidating anymore.
- Stop comparing yourself. You’re good. On your own, and in your merits, you are good. You are good in exactly the same way you thought you are with all of the merits that you have reminded yourself of earlier (see step no. 2). Now stop comparing yourself with this intimidating woman simply because that won’t do you any good. You are unique and so is she and you’re two different people so there’s no point comparing. Yeah? Yeah. Exactly.
Also, you can read more tips on my last blog post.
DO yourself a lot of favor and don’t be so hard on yourself. She intimidates you, so what? She’s probably just as intimidated as you are. Talk to other girls and use these techniques on starting conversations with women.